Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Not a typical week

We are getting our running indoors. Some guy at the athletic club bubble today suggested, probably in light of the blizzard news from the east, that God may have promised never to destroy the world with another flood... but didn't say anything about SNOW.

When the ordered the shirts for the Frigid 5, run last Sunday, they may have assumed the Vikings would be playing in (winning??) the Super Bowl.

My aunt's funeral was this week. She was the last of her generation on my mother's side. Sigh. I miss her, and grief for my mother is all fresh again.

Our Christmas cactus is flowering again.

Our Christmas amaryllis is flowering again.

4 comments:

justrun said...

Aw. My thoughts are with you as you go through it all.

Anne said...

The starkness of winter can sometimes amplify the feeling of loss. Glad those amaryllis plants also remind you that life can be beautiful - and renewed.

Anonymous said...

I got a Christmas cactus last year and it has never bloomed. I tried putting it in the dark at night but didn't work. The poor thing is barely hanging on to life...any suggestions?

peter said...

I'm sorry about your Aunt. I have an Uncle out west who is the last relative of my parents' generation and your post made me realize I need to get out to see him! The flowers remind us of the regeneration of life.