Friday, March 16, 2007

Quantity Time! (by Jim Chaffee)

The following was written last year in a blog by Jim Chaffee whose wife, Janice, died of myeloma in February 2007.


"Not many days ago, we sat in a cool, mauve color-coordinated examination room and felt it grow cold and colorless when the doctor who shared that space with us advised that we start thinking of the quality of life versus the quantity. Reason leapt to the front of my mind. I rationally understood the meaning of his words but my gut understood more truthfully. I wanted to scream “NO!” Give me quantity, thank you. Quantity is a good thing, many years, that’s what we want. Time. Lot’s of time, together. We promise, God, that we will also work on the quality thing if you just give us more time."

janicecoffee.com

No comments: