Monday, March 1, 2010

Lady Chateau in Fort Lauderdale

"Come down to Fort Lauderdale and run the A1A Marathon/Half Marathon," he said to the St. Croix Valley Runners.
Those of us who flew down also enjoyed a ride on the Lady Chateau.


http://www.biscaynelady.com/browse-our-fleet/lady-chateau/

The incredible boat ride on intercoastal waterways



Maybe more boats than I have seen in one day



And countless mansions of the rich and famous



All kinds of boats, sailboats and huge luxury liners



Some friends gathered for a party (They know each other now?!)



An outdoor wedding



A Turkish Festival, along the City Walk, uniquely viewed from the canal



Ah, a delightful afternoon it was, and thanks to Sweet Pea for this nice shot



An unforgettable pre-race spaghetti and grilled chicken dinner for the runners



Amazing custom menu for some of us: Gluten-free pasta and chicken without breading


There are still great pictures to post, so don't miss the future installments of our 3 days in Fort Lauderdale.

Glorious

3 comments:

justrun said...

Ahhh, I love it! I could look at pictures of boats floating on waterways forever.

Vickie said...

What a great race! I have wanted to do this one for the last few years and it never works out. I have sailed down the Intercoastal in Ft. Lauderdale as a matter of fact. I remember a lot of the sights you posted.

ShirleyPerly said...

FABULOUS photos from your trip!!

I have actually only driven through Fort Lauderdale, never seeing much of it really. Your posts make me want to run that race some day.