Saturday, November 28, 2009

Camera challenge

This Canon has optical stabilization which is important to me because when I take pictures, I'm often moving or in a moving vehicle.
I love it's incredibly small size that slides so easily into my little shorts pocket or into the new tiny zip "fanny pack" type case that I bought at the expo in St. Paul.
Possibly most of all, I love the lens of this new camera because it doesn't have the spots that my retired camera acquired.

Amazingly, that last mallard was still in the pond when we ran in the park again. This picture was taken later in the afternoon on a darker day than the one on the previous post.

Again with the low-light challenges, this picture of Canadian geese catching breakfast at the bottom of a Stillwater pond was snapped shortly after 7am on our cloudy Thanksgiving Day morning run.

Great corn bread challenge: experiment using different proportions of fine and medium grind of corn meal, addition of dried cranberries, various spices (including Garam Masala)... to make a good gluten-free corn bread as an alternative to wheat bread turkey stuffing.

Either my finest production... or unimaginable good luck... magnificent turkey!
Good to have it turn out well for husband's family.

This camera is sensitive in low light situations.
Glorious desserts, including some gluten-free. Most folks chose the fresh real whipped cream. Have I mentioned that I love ice cream?! (Breyer's carton on the right)

Sunrise over the St. Louis River and the Lake Superior Harbor at Duluth.
Picture by Sweet Pea. (I was driving.)

Oh yes, I bought the red one (Canon).

4 comments:

Beth said...

Congrats on the sweet camera and beautiful meal. Happy Thanksgiving!

Elaine Merrill said...

Thanks for the photos and for the camera info! I'm looking for a camera to run with and I may go with the one you bought. Happy Thanksgiving a few days late!

Amytrigirl (aka Amybee) said...

NICE camera, great pics and yummy, yummy looking turkey. Looks like you had a great holiday.

Vickie said...

Nice having a camera again.