Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year 01-01-10 or maybe 10-01-01

Home-made New Year ball at the party we attended:


Have enjoyed reading the plans some runners have for 2010. We have a couple of marathons in mind... and a half marathon or two, but not much for firm plans yet.

I'm not really a traditional person, but decades in the same house has yielded something of a traditional environment. In 2010 I would like to be selective about what to save, and take pictures of some stuff before donating to Good Will. We will see how that goes.

Thai food, which I know nothing about, is of interest to me.

My knee pain still hangs around, and I have resolve to work out and run through it.

I am hopeful that some of the effects of 8 Bush years will be resolved and that Obama will, less and less, be blamed for what lingers.... I am hopeful...

Maybe I can get new hearing aids. Progressive loss of hearing began before my mid-thirties, and I wonder what the future holds.

Wishing You, Dear Reader, blessings in 2010. May You run with joy.

8 comments:

Beth said...

Happy New Year to both you and Don. I hope 2010 brings you many moments of joy, both in your running and in the rest of your life.

Sunshine said...

Sweet! Thank you.

Backofpack said...

Happy New Year Sunshine! Hope 2010 is a fabulous year for you and your family.

Margaret said...

A very Happy and Healthful New Year to you and your family! Buon Anno!, as we say here in Florence. And, as one of your devoted blog readers, I would like to add this, too: happy blogging! :-)

justrun said...

Wonderful sentiments. Happy New Year!

Anne said...

Here's to a healthier year for both of us, with many miles under our feet.

A Plain Observer said...

wishing the same for our non bush years

ShirleyPerly said...

Happy New Year to you, Don & Sweet Pea!!

I look forward to hearing what races you plan to do in 2010. I am planning to do another indoor marathon, this time in Wisconsin. I am sure I will be seeing snow like that in your photos. Hope you are all staying warm!