Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Denver Half Marathon

That's Sweet Pea on the right ... far right, at the side of the first picture. In the second picture I don't know the identity of the runners.
Snow on the Rockies! Fabulous experience to look out over the parks, past the buildings and see SNOW on the mountains ... especially on a record hot day.
Denver high temp on Sunday tied the all time record of 84 degrees.
My knee is holding up. I taped it according to my therapist's instructions.
Sweet Pea was slowed down by some calf pain that should be less if she tries other shoes.
We had a great run, a great trip to Denver.
And the Denver Marathon awards fabulous finisher's medals!

Be sure not to miss the Denver Marathon report on Make It a Masterpiece.

8 comments:

Beth said...

Congratulations! So glad you had fun, finished and had a great trip!

Unknown said...

glad the knee is holding up!

Calyx Meredith said...

Oh yay for the knee healing! Hope Sweet Pea's calf pain goes away too.

Amytrigirl (aka Amybee) said...

How FUN!

ShirleyPerly said...

Wonderful to hear you and Sweet Pea have knocked off another state. I am surprised how warm Denver was. Beautiful nonetheless!

peter said...

I was in Denver last week! I have always wanted to run the Denver Marathon. Maybe someday. I'm glad you all got youir finishers medals.

Unknown said...

AWESOME !!!! I have a Deaf friend who ran 6 miles using Denver Marathon course. I used to live in Denver for 7 years. The weather can be a rollercoaster for the month of October. I am so glad you had a fun experience. Outstanding !!!

CewTwo said...

Oh no! I missed you! I would have given all of you a great big Denver bear hug and treated you to Denver!

We do have amazing weather here. AND it changes often.

I've never been really interested in running it, but next year might be the year! I am planning on doing the WDW 2011 Goffy Challenge, so I need races to include in my training!

Always wonderful to see and hear of your exploits!